Shipton Spire Expedition
Shipton Spire Peak registration is open for all seasons. We are offering Shipton Spire Peak for mountaineers, climbers and alpinists from around the world.
Including Shipton Spire Peak, we also offer other 5,500 to 6,000m peaks and few of them are given in the table below.
Shipton Spire Expedition – Cost –
Our estimated costs are given below. The minimum cost of Shipton Spire Peak expedition starts from USD 2,190 per person.
Highlights – Shipton Spire Expedition
- Competitive prices for a five thousander peak in the wild mountains of Pakistan
- Field office and permanent staff for logistical arrangements to and from the mountain
- Itinerary based on our mountain guide's indigenous knowledge and vast experience
- Spectacular mountain vistas during the expedition
- Apricot Tours is a fully licensed native adventure company
- Fixed departures are normally guided by our Pakistani High Altitude Climber(s) (HAC)
- Private groups are always one of our top priorities
- We cater to both guided expeditions and non-guided (alpine style) climbing
- We cater to both "base camp services" and "full board services"
- The following High Altitude Support available at extra cost
a. Personal Pakistani High Altitude Porter (HAP) - will carry 20 kg of personal equipment between camps
Shipton Spire Expedition – Holiday Information
- Lodging at base camp (single supplement)
- Full base camp with dinning tent, bathroom, showers & solar charge
- All internal/domestic transport
- All domestic flights
- 50kgs (110 lbs) personal baggage
- All meals during trek and at base camp (B,L,D)
- Group emergency equipment/satellite phone service with fixed calling charge
- Two nights stay in Islamabad hotel on arrival and two on return (bed & breakfast only)
- Staff insurance (guide, cook, kitchen staff, assistant(s) & porters etc)
- Experienced cook from Pakistan
- Kitchen staff
- Porters for all expedition supplies
- Solar power at base camp
- Electricity generator (backup for high voltage devices)
Why should you register very early?
1. Team building: It takes time to formulate a good team. We go through all incoming applications and formulate the best team of mountaineers (on the basis of experience). Although our vet process is not very strict, our top priority is always the safety of fellow climbers. We will not accept all applications only to maximize the number of the mountaineers.
2. Logistics: Our climbing adventures involve a lot of logistics. This includes reserving/assigning high altitude porters, guides and other staff in advance. It also involves a lot of procurement (equipment, food etc). This is not possible during the last hours. During winters expeditions, most of the supplies are transported to base camps two to three months prior to the expedition because winters in the mountains of Pakistan are very harsh and it becomes almost impossible to for porters to walk through the trail with heavy supplies.
3. Permit: Pakistani government tourism laws require tour operators to submit applications for climbing (along with all documents e.g. passport copies, photos, CVs etc) at least 70 days prior to arrival in Pakistan.
4.Domestic Flights: We might not be able to get you on the domestic flight to Skardu if you do not pay your deposit on time. Domestic flight seats are sold very fast way ahead of time because there are only two flights to Skardu during peak season. This is a very serious concern.
5. Price changes: The given prices are early bird discount offers and are subject to change. There can be increases in price after January. Service providers including (but not limited) to hotels increase prices in peak-season. Early reservations cost less than peak-season (May to September). Our prices will not change once you have paid the deposit so the price when you book is the price you will pay. Register yourselves early to avoid increase in holiday prices.
6. Pay less deposit: Given below is our deposit schedule for 2020 departures.
- 8 months before departure (deposit: 35%)
- 6 months before departure (deposit: 40%)
- 5 months before departure (deposit: 50%)
- 4 months before departure (full payment)
Note: The same deposit time frames above apply to 2021-22 departures.
Deposit: Once paid, the deposit is non-refundable as it will be spent on making in-country arrangements, organizing logistics, procurement of equipment (e.g. oxygen sets) and supplies (including food), hiring of staff/sherpa etc.
Balance: All balances are due 120 days prior to arrival in Pakistan unless otherwise specified. Participants whose balances are not received by the 120-day deadline as stated above, risk forfeiture of their funds and their place on the expedition. For this expedition, there are no refunds for the deposit or balance payments. This includes but is not limited to, expeditions that conclude without a summit or progress towards a summit for participants due to route conditions, weather, insufficient manpower, or any other factor outside the control of Apricot Tours. Expedition leader has the final say on the expedition conclusion and will make all the best efforts for a happy return home.
All international climbers are charged in US Dollars (USD).
- Deposit should only be paid after filling out the registration form and confirmation/approval from Apricot Tours.
- Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Apricot Tours must follow a precise refund policy.
- Participants that choose to leave an active expedition for any reason are not entitled to any refunds
- Apricot Tours highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all expeditions
Tripadvisor Traveler Rating
Most Recent Traveler Reviews
- Jan 25, 2020: “Trekking with Apricot Tours to one of the hidden heavens on earth was an incredible and...” more
- Jan 25, 2020: “One of the most incredible travelling experiences of my entire life! Everything from start to finish...” more
- Jan 14, 2020: “It’s been an amazing experience for a solo traveler like me to be a part of...” more
- Nov 30, 2019: “I went on a (female) solo trip with Apricot Tours for what I can honesty say...” more
As Featured In:
Shipton Spire Expedition – Royalty Fee
The royalty fee/rates assigned by Pakistan’s Tourism Ministry for climbing Shipton Spire Peak in spring, summer and fall is zero/none after a discount of 100%. The details of royalty fees for three seasons are given below.
Shipton Spire Peak Royalty Fee/Rates – Spring, Summer & Fall
The royalty fee/rates assigned by the government for climbing Shipton Spire Peak in winters is zero/none after a discount of 100% in winters. The details of royalty fees for winters are given below.
Shipton Spire Peak Royalty Fee/Rates – Winter
The discounts above are being offered since over a decade as part of the government policy to promote adventure tourism.
Overview – Shipton Spire Expedition
The overview was recently removed by the administrator. Contact the admin
Apart from mountaineering and climbing adventures, we also offer trekking holidays. Our most popular trekking holidays are given in the table below.